Free Open-Source-Tool for comparing two selected areas and searching for data record pairs on a worksheet – Excel 2007-2019 (Windows optimized)
|Excel versions||2007-2019 (Windows)|
|Interface languages||German, English|
|Where is the add-in after activation?||"Data" tab, next to the "Data tools" group|
|File size||289 KB|
|Lines of code (total)||3174|
|Source lines of code||2271|
|Comment lines of code||365|
The source code is published on GitHub and can also be opened in the VBA editor.
The tool is shipped as an add-in for Microsoft Excel (.xlam). After installation and activation the tool´s icon is added on the “Data” tab next to the “Data tools” group.
Download version 1.1 – it´s free!
Automatic installation (recommended for Windows)
9 downloads of version 1.0
– Finding value pairs, i.e. data records that occur in both selected areas
– Highlighting of single values and/or value pairs on the worksheet
– Visualise data record pairs on the worksheet
– Output of detected single values and/or value pairs on the worksheet
– Removing critical characters such as control characters possible
– Ignore lower/upper-case letters and/or spaces possible when comparing
– Quick selection of the areas possible by automatically marking adjacent cells
– GUI can be switched between English and German
This add-in is being developed and maintained with private effort and provided for free download. I would be very happy about a small donation to this foundation for sick children in the region of Heilbronn/Germany. Read more on the website of the foundation.