Free open source tool for exporting worksheet content to a text or CSV file with lots of special features – Excel 2007-2019 (Windows optimized)
|Excel versions||2007-2019 (Windows)|
|Interface languages||German, English|
|Where is the add-in after activation?||"Data" tab, next to the "Data tools" group|
|File size||180 KB|
|Lines of code (total)||1226|
|Source lines of code||923|
|Comment lines of code||122|
The source code is published on GitHub and can also be opened in the VBA editor.
The tool is shipped as an add-in for Microsoft Excel (.xlam). After installation and activation the tool´s icon is added on the “Data” tab next to the “Data tools” group.
Download version 1.0 – it´s free!
Automatic installation (recommended for Windows)
– Choice of the area to be exported
– Export as text file, CSV or custom file type
– Free choice of delimiter
– Delimiter at the end of a row can be deleted
– Unnecessary spaces can be deleted
– Control characters can be deleted
– Conversion to upper-case or lower-case letters possible
– Preview of the export file
– Automatically saving the tool settings
This add-in is being developed and maintained with private effort and provided for free download. I would be very happy about a small donation to this foundation for sick children in the region of Heilbronn/Germany. Read more on the website of the foundation.