Free open source tool that adds an extra ribbon tab which provides extended functions for Microsoft Excel 2010-2019 (Windows optimized)
The ELPHIN Toolbox is named after the little crofting community of Elphin which can be found in the south west Sutherland area of the Scottish Highlands.
|Excel versions||2010-2019 (Windows)|
|Interface language||English, German|
|Where is the add-in after activation in the AI edition?||New menu strip tab "ELPHIN Toolbox"|
|File size||300 KB|
|Lines of code (total)||2911|
|Source lines of code||1958|
|Comment lines of code||480|
The source code is published on GitHub and can also be opened in the VBA editor as there is no password protection.
The tool is shipped as an add-in for Microsoft Excel (.xlam). After installation and activation the toolbox is inserted into the Excel menu strip as a new tab “ELPHIN Toolbox”.
Download Version 2.0 – kostenlos!
Automatische Installation (empfohlen für Windows)
Number of downloads of previous versions: 116
– Convert all letters to upper-case letters (as value or function)
– Convert all letters to lower-case letters (as value or function)
– Capitalize each word (as value or function)
– Remove all spaces at the beginning of a cell (as value)
– Remove all spaces at the end of a cell (as value)
– Remove all spaces at the beginning and the end of the cell (as value)
– Remove multiple spaces (as value or function)
– Check the selected cells for non-breaking spaces
– Replace non-breaking spaces in the selected cells
– Check the selected cells for non-printing control characters
– Remove control characters in the selected cells
– Absolute value of a real number (as value or function)
– Convert the result of a formula or function to a value
– Hide formula result zero (0)
– Remove empty rows or columns
– Memorize row or colum nnumber
– Compare worksheets
– SG DataSet Finder for finding matching data records across different Excel files
– Undo option can be deactivated for performance improvement
– GUI languages: English and German
This add-in is being developed and maintained with private effort and provided for free download. I would be very happy about a small donation to this foundation for sick children in the region of Heilbronn/Germany. Read more on the website of the foundation.