Free open source tool for finding, deleting and exporting duplicates in an Excel worksheet with lots of extra features – Excel 2010-2016 (Windows optimized)
|Excel versions||2010-2016 (Windows)|
|GUI languages||German, English|
|Where is the add-in after activation?||"Data" tab, next to the "Data tools" group|
|File size||538 KB|
|Lines of code (total)||3425|
|Source lines of code||2166|
|Comment lines of code||574|
The source code is published on GitHub and can also be opened in the VBA editor as there is no password protection.
The tool is shipped as an add-in for Microsoft Excel (.xlam). After installation and activation the tool´s icon is added on the „Data“ tab next to the „Data tools“ group.
Download Version 2.0 – it´s free!
Installer für Windows (.exe) (29 Downloads)
– automatic installation
Excel Add-in Rohdatei (.xlam) (34 Downloads)
– manual installation
Number of downloads of previous versions: 302
– Selection of multiple ranges on the worksheet while holding down the Ctrl key
– Two search modes: consider each selected area separately or merge non-contiguous columns
– Ignore upper/lower-case letters and/or blanks for the search if needed
– Coloured highlighting of duplicates, unique values or all different values
– Output duplicates, unique values or all different values on a new worksheet (optionally the entire rows)
– Different deletion modes: only duplicates, complete lines, with and without compression (also in combination)
– Restoration of deleted duplicates possible
– Jump to individual duplicates with delete and restore function
– Non-destructive processing (the original content can be restored until a new area is selected or the tool is shut down)
– Permanent display of the number of duplicates, unique values, different values and deleted duplicates
– Integrated quick guide with pictures, tips and examples
– The tool language can be switched between German and English
This tool is being developed and maintained with private effort and provided for free download. I would be very happy about a small donation to this foundation for sick children in the region of Heilbronn/Germany. Read more on the website of the foundation.